Today's guest post is from fellow Real Estate Association of Puget Sound member, investor and broker Greg Gallagher, regarding the best sources for "bandit signs," those ubiquitous "I Buy Houses" signs that investors post on utility polls and public rights-of-way:
I have put out over 5,000 bandit signs (with some help of course.) I tried a lot of different things and I found hand written signs on stakes got me the most phone calls. The cheapest method I found:
1. Contact Calsak Plastics, 19030 68th Ave S # B Kent, WA 98032
(425) 251-5400. I picked up the 4' x 8' sheets of yellow corrugated plastic.
2. Cut the sheets down with a box cutter to 24" wide by 16"tall. Each sheet will yield 12 signs.
3. Handwrite the message with a black sharpie.
4. Buy either 24" or 36" stakes at Lowe's/Home Depot (shop around)
5. Nail the signs to the stakes using roofing nails with a colored grommet. That will keep you from hammering the nail too deep and they rarely come out.
This process got my overall cost down to about $1 per sign all in. Disclaimer - there are rules by certain cities, counties and the state governing bandit signs. Just be aware.
--posted by Greg Gallagher, Dimension Properties